> return to top
1. No Entry Fee or Purchase Necessary to enter.
2. Contest Judging Criteria: Contest entries must be entrant's own original work.
To help in creating contest entries, participants should focus on originality, detail, and creativity. All contest entries will be judged on the following criteria, with equal weight given to each, in all rounds of judging:
iii. emotional connection
iv. appropriateness of the entry to be used in connection with the Chico's brand
Any submissions containing unsuitable language or inappropriate content of any kind will be disqualified, as determined by the contest judges in their sole opinion. Sponsor reserves the right to declare non-qualified entries (created under false pretenses or with false statements, obvious lack of effort, incomplete or inappropriate content, etc.) ineligible.
3. Contest Judging: Entries will be judged according to the criteria listed above in all rounds of judging, by a panel of Chico's marketing professionals, under the supervision of PROMOSIS, Inc., an independent judging organization whose decisions in all matters relating to this contest are final. In the event of a tie in any
of the judging rounds, the tied entries will be re-judged using the identical criteria until the top entry is selected. Entries will be judged by approximately December 31, 2008 to select the top entry. The entrant submitting the top selected entry may be notified by Chico's, for eligibility verification.
4. Top Selected Entry: The entrant submitting the top selected entry will have his/her name and entry submission profiled in Chico's advertising and marketing materials alone and in combination with other entries of quality. No monetary or other consideration will be awarded in connection with the top selected entry.
5. Verification and Publicity of Contest Entries: All submitted entries become the property of Sponsor, and will not be returned. Entries must be original, unpublished, and not previously or currently submitted for consideration in any other contest or promotion. Entries must be conceived and created entirely by the entrant, and may not be used or submitted to any other entity for concurrent publication or consideration. Sponsor and its subsidiaries or affiliates may publicize any submitted entries in full or in part. All submitted entries may be reproduced in Chico's advertising and marketing materials, and may be used in Chico's mailers and other print media, including a potential future published compilation or book. By entering, participants (1) acknowledge that Sponsor, Judges, and/or Chico's customers may develop or promote ideas, concepts, or products which are similar to any ideas, concepts, or products submitted as part of any contest entry; and (2) to the fullest extent permitted by law, agree to release and indemnify Sponsor, Judges, and/or Chico's customers from and against any and all liability arising out of any similar ideas concepts or products developed or promoted by Sponsor, Judges, and/or Chico's customers.
6. Eligibility: Contest is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and Washington DC (including Puerto Rico) who have reached their 26th birthday by the time of entry. Employees of Chico's Retail Services, Inc., its subsidiaries, respective affiliates, advertising and public relations agencies, PROMOSIS, Inc., and their immediate families as well as individuals living in the same households of such employees are ineligible. Entrants agree to the release of their name,
7. Limitation of Liability: Sponsor, its promotion partners, independent judging organization, and their affiliates are not responsible for typographical errors in any promotion-related materials; for lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, or illegible entries or email; for technical, hardware, software, Internet, or telephone failures of any kind; for lost or unavailable network connections; or for failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions that may limit or interfere with a participant's ability to take part in the promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify promotion if fraud or technical failure compromises the integrity of the promotion, or corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness, or proper play of the promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor, its promotion partners, related companies, agencies, and their respective employees or officers shall not be liable for injury, losses, damages, or costs of any kind resulting from participation in this promotion.
8. Top Selected Entry: For the name of the entrant submitting the Top Selected Entry, send a postcard, only, with your name and address to: Chico's 25 Reasons Top Selected Entry, P.O. Box 38, Marblehead, MA 01945. Requests must be received by January 20, 2009. Do not send any other correspondence to this address.
9. Sponsor: Chico's Retail Services, Inc., 11215 Metro Parkway, Ft. Myers, FL 33966 (www.chicos.com).
� 2008 Promosis, Inc.